Sunday, May 21, 2017

Swift Reporters publisher to sue Abuja Electricity Distribution Company for N100million

Minister of Power, Fahola 

The publisher of the Swift Reporters online news platform, Mr Kehinde Adewole has threatened to sue the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company for N100million as damage for the untold hardship he suffered as a result of wrong disconnection of the electricity in his Abuja home.

Adewole who also petitioned the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission, the Consumer Protection Council and the Minister of Power, Works and House, Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola explained that the action of AEDC subjected his family to psychological trauma. 

In a press statement signed by the Abuja based newsman, Adewole said officials of the AEDC stormed his house on Friday, 19th of May, 2017 and disconnected his electricity supply over outstanding bills. Adewole said he paid the outstanding bill and reconnection fees immediately but AEDC still refused to reconnect the electricity.  

According to the statement "I went to AEDC and I paid the N10,000 outstanding with N2,000 reconnection fees on Friday, 19th May,  2017. One of the AEDC staff told me to give drop a copy of my payment slip with my phone number so that they will call me to reconnect my electricity. I did as directed and went back home.”  

“Since then, I have been waiting for them but they refused to come and reconnect the electricity. I put several calls to the AEDC Customer Care but they became helpless as they couldn't even get across to the Karu Area Office Manager to prevail on him to reconnect me back.”


"I have decided to sue the AEDC for N100million damages for the trauma suffered by my family. This is imperative to check the excesses of such company that take money from Nigerians without service delivery”, Adewole said.

No comments:

Post a Comment