Thursday, December 12, 2013

SENATOR SCOLDS JONATHAN OVER DELAY IN PRESENTATION OF 2014 BUDGET

The Senator representing Osun Central Senatorial District, Professor Sola Adeyeye, has described the delay in the presentation of the 2014 budget as presidential inefficiency just as he described President Goodluck Jonathan for lacking vision to lead the country.
While disbursing over 50 million naira to 3,500 people drawn from the ten local government areas in his senatorial district, Adeyeye lamented that the level of poverty in the country is so worrisome and blamed the President Jonathan led administration for not addressing the problem of poverty in the country.
According to him, the level of poverty in the land is too terrible and this compelled him to disburse money to people in his constituency to alleviate their suffering. He frowned that President Jonathan has been given various excuses for not presenting the 2014 budget and posited that is inefficient.
His words “the entirety of Nigeria is a conglomeration of poor people. I felt I must give something to my people. Instead of buying bags of rice and chicken for them, I feel that I should give them a token so that they can do whatever they want with the money. There are 35,000 beneficiaries and each of them got 15,000.
“Initially, my intention was to make it a micro-credit scheme but the banking law and procedures delayed the programme. I’m happy that the people are happy with this gesture. I will still put the micro-credit scheme in place. As long as I’m alive, I will do everything within my power to serve my people well”, he added.
He said Nigeria  has experienced endless decay and stagnation from the Peoples Democratic Party led federalgovernemt. Adeyeye bemoaned “Everyone has seen that what we have at the top in this country is leadership without vision. People aresaying enough is enough”.
He continued “The president is making one excuse or the other for not presenting the 2014 budget. For me, it is an exercise in presidential  inefficiency. That’s one of the decay we are talking about in this country”.
On the face-off between FG and the Academic Staff Union of
Universities, Adeyeye who is also the Chairman of Senate committee on Education said he usually weeps anytime he sees what is happening to Nigeria’s education sector. “I went through public schools in this country, and it served me well but unfortunately we are not serving the next generation well. We will soon solve ASUU problem. I believe that
the end is in sight”

No comments:

Post a Comment